What’s Happening Now?
The purpose of the Shuswap Music Festival is to encourage, support, challenge and celebrate music students and amateur musicians by providing opportunities for learning and performing on the road to musical excellence. In addition, the Festival provides the opportunity for constructive and professional evaluations of musical performances. The Festival is produced by a not-for-profit society managed by a volunteer board of directors. For information about schedules and venues go to shuswapfestival.com
Don't forget to put Crib at the Activity Centre on your New Year's Resolution List! Coffee and snacks! Contact the Activity Centre for more information!
Salmon Arm Art Gallery is pleased to present fold and unfold, drawings and paintings on paper by Salmon Arm artist Amy Modahl, opening on Friday, April 20, 2018 at 7pm. The artist will present an exhibition of drawings and paintings made for the gallery space. A combination of framed, hanging, and site-specific works will respond to contemporary political theatre. Adjacent abstractions of word and gesture will visually quarrel and concur. Amy is taking drawing to a new and unexpected place.…
Guest speaker Jim Cooperman, author of Everything Shuswap will talk about his book and recent conservation efforts being made in the Shuswap. Everyone welcome Everything Shuswap has received rave reviews in various publications. The Vancouver Sun noted that the book is “a compelling portrait of land, waters, wildlife and human history.” In BC Bookworld, a review states the book “makes a convincing case for better understanding and appreciating one of this province’s best kept secrets.” A Globe and Mail review pointed out how “Everything…
Every Tuesday night at the Odd Fellows Hall! Doors open at 5:30pm, ticket sales start at 6pm. 6Up - $8; 9Up - $10; 12Up $12 Other games are $1 each with the snowball $2 Concession with hot dogs, popcorn, bars, home baking, pop, coffee, tea, and water.
Join Armstrong/ Spallumcheen Parks and Recreation Zumba Instructor Krystal and enjoy the opportunity to move it with Zumba! Registration begins March 1 - contact Parks and Rec for more information 250 546 9456.
Most children require two pre-school immunizations for diphtheria/ pertussis/ tetanus/polio (“TdaP-P”) and chicken pox/ measles/mumps/rubella (“MMR-V”). Other vaccines that your child may be due for will also be offered. Vaccine info available online at www.immunizebc.ca PARENTS: Please call 250-833-4101 to book day or evening options. *Reminder calls will be done before event
Shuswap Food Conversations 2018, a discussion about Food, Health, Local Economy, Your Budget and jobs. Learn how these topics interconnect. Bring your idea, articles, questions and curiosity. Part of each evening will be a devoted to discussion, related videos, or pertinent articles. Free Admission open to all. Call Shelley Corbin or Ronn Boeur at 250 832 1956
Want to Know How to Feel Better Right Now? Sleep Better, Feel Happier, Have More Energy, Gain Confidence, Get Out More, Enjoy Better Relationships - Learn All That In 8 Enjoyable 90 Minute Sessions. Starting April 18th - June 6th. Wednesday evenings from 7-8:30pm. Interested? To learn more or to register for Living Life to the Full: https://shuswap-revelstoke.cmha.bc.ca/…/living-life-to-the…/ or contact Denise Butler (CMHA) at 832-8477 ext.102 Thanks to Ride Don’t Hide 2017 funds, CMHA is pleased to be able to reduce the…
Radiothon 2018 Thank you to all our participants from last year for making the 2017 Have a Heart Radiothon a huge success. We were able to raise over $25,000 for Shuswap Lake General Hospital! This year, we will hold the Have a Heart Radiothon on Thursday, April 26th! Join Patrick Ryley & Rich Daniels as they broadcast LIVE from 6am to 6pm outside Save on Foods at The Mall at Piccadilly. Our goal this year, with your help, is to raise funds for a new Neonatal…
Our Community Connections
Add Your Event – For FREE!
Send your event time, date and location details along with a .jpg image (ie. a poster) to email@example.com and our event team will post it when they are in next! Please note that submissions without a graphic/poster may delay the publishing process. Thank you!
Didn’t get the event memo?
Here is an archive of our e-news mailouts. Subscribe below so that you are in the know!
- 04/19/2018 – Get Your Green On
- 04/12/2018 – Music & Theatre Fun
- 04/05/2018 – Spring Fun
- 03/29/2018 – Egg-citing Easter Events
- 03/22/2018 – Spring Break Fun
- 03/15/2018 – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 03/08/2018 – Music To Sooth The Soul
- 03/01/2018 – A Little Winter Excitement
- 02/22/2018 – Beat the Winter Blues
- 02/09/2018 – Family Day & Valentines Events
- 02/01/2018 – It’s February!
- 01/24/2018 – Happy New Year!
- 12/20/2017 – More Holiday Events!
- 12/14/2017 – Holiday Events For you!
- 12/07/2017 – Holiday Festivities, Family Activities… Oh What a Season!
- 11/30/2017 – Holiday Festivities, Gift Ideas and… More!
- 11/23/2017 – Live Music, Craft Fairs, and More!
- 11/15/2017 – Live Music, Trivia, Craft Fairs, and More!
- 11/09/2017 – This week in the Shuswap
- 11/02/2017 – It’s November! Looking for something to do?
- 10/25/2017 – It’s Halloweekend!
- 10/18/2017 – October in the Shuswap
- 10/11/2017 – Win with us! Live Music, Pumpkin Canon, and more!
- 10/05/2017 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- 09/28/2017 – Almost October! Find something fun to do here!
- 09/20/2017 – Live Music, a Gala, Fungi Fun & More!
- 09/14/2017 – Looking for something to do this weekend?