What’s Happening Now?
R.J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum and The Mall at Piccadilly have partnered to celebrate Heritage Week, from February 19-24, 2018. The Heritage Week Celebration showcases our rich local heritage and you are invited to come and explore! This year’s heritage week theme is “Heritage Stands the Test of Time”
Karaoke Friday with Liz Blair! Join the fun at the Salmon Arm Curling Centre for two nights in February. Open to the public!
The Best of the Shuswap Pie Baking contest and auction will take place at the Mall at PIccadilly. To enter, drop off your pies between 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at centre court of the Mall. After the judging, slices of the pies may be purchased for $2.50 each with the proceeds going towards projects at the Heritage Village and Museum.
1st Annual South Shuswap Seed Swap Featuring local GMO free seeds and produce. Blind Bay Hall - 2510 Blind Bay Road Sponsors: Good Stewart Heirloom Seeds & Produce Balmoral Farms For more Info please contact Rebekah Smith @ 250-253-1414
Come walk with others to experience what it is like to be in the out of doors at this time of the year.
No need to host your own bachelor or bachelorette party, the Vernon Bridal Event is hosting one for you! Complete with a few hotties from Butlers in the Buff and a wickedly delicious Fashion Show featuring the girls from Okanagan Pole Dance in gorgeous bikinis from Big Sun and naughty but nice lingerie from Naughty Girl Essentials! Grab a glass of wine, stroll through a variety of vendors and enjoy the show with complimentary delectable treats from the VBE!
It is the opening night of Richard Hyde-Finch’s latest play, but everything seems to be falling apart. The script is awful, there is fighting amongst the cast, some of the actors haven’t shown up yet, and Richard’s girlfriend wants to talk about why they aren’t married. Adding to the mayhem, Ruth Tisdale has won a pair of tickets to the new play. As it is their 25th wedding anniversary, Ruth’s husband, Jack reluctantly accompanies her to the play even though…
Everyone is invited to celebrate Ayyam-i-Ha, a Baha'i Faith celebration. We are happy to share music, games, companionship, finger food and drinks. The purpose is to show love, fellowship and unity. In many instances, Bahá'ís give and accept gifts to demonstrate these attributes. In this case, a gift of food or money can be offered to the local food bank.
The festival continues at the Salmar Classic with the Oscar nominated, The Weather Underground, a remarkable documentary about the 1960's student activist led domestic terrorist organization.
As part of Black History Month, local author N.P. Katedza will read from her debut novel Bound, a story of mystery set in Africa and North America.
Our Community Connections
Didn’t get the event memo?
Here is an archive of our e-news mailouts. Subscribe below so that you are in the know!
- 02/22/2018 – Beat the Winter Blues
- 02/09/2018 – Family Day & Valentines Events
- 02/01/2018 – It’s February!
- 01/24/2018 – Happy New Year!
- 12/20/2017 – More Holiday Events!
- 12/14/2017 – Holiday Events For you!
- 12/07/2017 – Holiday Festivities, Family Activities… Oh What a Season!
- 11/30/2017 – Holiday Festivities, Gift Ideas and… More!
- 11/23/2017 – Live Music, Craft Fairs, and More!
- 11/15/2017 – Live Music, Trivia, Craft Fairs, and More!
- 11/09/2017 – This week in the Shuswap
- 11/02/2017 – It’s November! Looking for something to do?
- 10/25/2017 – It’s Halloweekend!
- 10/18/2017 – October in the Shuswap
- 10/11/2017 – Win with us! Live Music, Pumpkin Canon, and more!
- 10/05/2017 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- 09/28/2017 – Almost October! Find something fun to do here!
- 09/20/2017 – Live Music, a Gala, Fungi Fun & More!
- 09/14/2017 – Looking for something to do this weekend?